Uncategorized

Russia blames use of banned cell phones for deadly Ukrainian attack – Axios

Mourners gather in memory of soldiers that Russia says were killed in a Ukrainian strike on Russian-controlled territory, in Samara, on Jan. 3. Photo: Arden Arkman/AFP via Getty Images
The Russian military said that the use of prohibited cell phones by its soldiers allowed Ukrainian troops to "determine the coordinates of the location of military personnel" to launch a deadly strike.
Driving the news: The death toll from the weekend attack on the Russian military facility is up to 89. It is among the deadliest strikes against Russian forces so far during the war, AP reports.
What they're saying: "The Russian military has a record of unsafe ammunition storage from well before the current war, but this incident highlights how unprofessional practices contribute to Russia’s high casualty rate," the United Kingdom's Ministry of Defense said in a tweet.
The big picture: The attack comes as Russia struggles to gain traction in its invasion in the face of a strong Ukrainian counteroffensive.
Go deeper… Russian missiles hammer Kyiv on New Year's Eve

source

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button